Compact Fluorescent Bulbs
Compact Fluorescent Bulbs represent one of the easiest and most affordable means of turning your house into a more sustainable structure. With the exciting developments that are happening in the world of CFLs, we have found the most eco-friendly CFL available, containing only 1 mg of mercury. That translates into an 80% reduction in mercury content over standard CFLs. By replacing old bulbs with CFLs, you will be saving your family money and reducing your energy consumption. With such a simple step, you can have a huge impact:
- Nearly 80% energy reduction over incandescent bulbs
- Potential to save over $80/bulb during its lifetime
- Ultra-low mercury contribution during our CFL's lifespan of 3.4 mg versus an incandescent's contribution of 10.0 mg. It even beats a standard CFL's 7.4 mg contributed*
- Up to 12 times the lifespan over incandescents
- Can save up to 2,000 times its weight in greenhouse gas emissions
- Low profile allows you to easily replace old bulbs
- 1 year warranty
- 40W, 60W, 75W, 100W equivalent bulbs available to meet your lighting needs
*Mercury contribution is based on the bulb's mercury content combined with the mercury released during energy generation from coal-powered electricity plants. Because CFLs consume drastically less energy over their lifetime compared to incandescents, electricity generated from coal-powered plants is reduced which consequentially reduces the amount of mercury released into the atmosphere by that coal-powered plant. Thus, overall, CFLs contribute less mercury than incandescents throughout their lifespan.
Our CFLs contribute even less because, while they offer similar energy savings during their lifetime, each of our CFLs contain only 1 mg of mercury as opposed to the typical 5 mg of mercury in a standard CFL. Thus, we have done our research to bring you the most eco-friendly CFL in the industry that not only reduces energy and saves you money, but also has the smallest mercury contribution in the industry.
Starting at: $3.99